Identifying conflicts with package folders during a Salesforce DX migration.
On the topic of WordPress post URLs, I also gave some consideration to removing the date structure from my post URLs for readability, but came across quite a few people who claim it’s not a good idea. No big deal.
Tumblr allowed using feedburner for RSS feeds, which is a website that allows you to generate metrics on your subscribers (among other things). One of the nice things about using a service like feedburner is that I was able to point the feedburner RSS feed I set up from my Tumblr page over to the WordPress page, and none of my 5 subscribers would even know.
Additionally, I needed to set up feed autodiscovery to allow users to type in the domain into their RSS Reader of choice and have it find the feedburner feed. To do this, I added the following two lines inside the <head> tag of header.php:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom" href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/michaelwelburn/QpRL" /> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/michaelwelburn/QpRL">
There ended up being a couple of odds and ends that I needed to deal with as well.
Overall, I’m pretty happy that I finally made the switch. I felt like I wanted to get some experience setting up a WordPress blog, and am enjoying the crazy amount of customizing that I can do to it. Perhaps one day, when I find myself in a “web design” craze, I’ll spend some time actually redesigning this site.